I've been sip, sip, sipping my way through the day. I am keeping a food diary on my computer to keep track of what I've been having. Yesterdays menu:-
- Up and Go - 250mls
- Prune Juice - 125mls
- Apple Juice - 200mls
- Peppermint Tea x 1
- Canned chicken soup - vitamized - 250mls
- Lots of water
I woke up hungry-ish this morning but I sipped away quite easily on my Up & Go (about 300ml).
Today is also the day I took the coverings off my wounds. My paperwork told me to remove the dressings on Day 4, shower and pat dry, then dab with Betadine. I must admit I was too scared to shower - I just don't want to get them wet yet (I'm a bit nervous they will leak or something), so I gave myself a sponge bath instead. The winter sunshine here is just divine. Last night was chilly, it got down to 9 degrees celcius, but the days are big blue skys and buckets of sunshine and are around 21 degrees. Gorgeous. So I sat outside by the pool and bathed my wounds in the sunlight. I'm a firm believer in the power of the sun to heal. Made sure I didn't get a burnt belly. I know I looked a sight - big white belly with five little red dashes across the middle basking in the sunshine. But it felt good. I was so glad to get the dressings off - it seems I am having a slight reaction to the sticky part of the dressing and I'm getting quite itchy in some spots.
I have virtually no pain at all in my shoulder. If I take a giant breath it might register as a 1/10. Very happy about that. My scars are all fine except the port one, which is the biggest and the most tender. I have a photo but not sure if putting it up would be TMI.
I can sleep on either side with no problem, and am not taking any more pain meds - not needed.
I am able to drink perfectly fine. Apart from some very interesting bubbling noises, I don't expereience any tightness or pain or anything. I guess this is a good thing. My doctor, Dr B, allows his patients to move onto pureed food after Day 4. The pureed phase goes for seven days. That means tomorrow! Wow, that came around so fast.
I have been busy looking at clothes again. I am going through my stash of fav mags and looking at the fashion sections (I am so excited) and cutting out my fav clothes, ready for my Goal Shop. I have never taken much interested in fashion because all it would do is highlight the fact that it looked great on everyone else, but awful on me. I am, however, a bit of a legend when it comes to jewellry and handbags. These, you see, can be worn and admired regardless of size. And as a consquence I have far to many earrings, necklaces and handbags. I am going to whittle these down and keep just my absolute faves - I will need room in my wardrobe for nice clothes!
I have been playing with this Awesome Jean Design link all morning - virtually ordering an aray of jeans in various styles and fabrics. So much fun. Catherine from Chronicles of Band Land also had a virtual model link that I've been playing with Here. And these are my before, middle and after model sizes.
So everyday is better than the last. I have been taking it totally slowly this weekend. Getting ready to watch True Blood 2 this afternoon. But this week coming I will be on a roll. I need to pop out to uni and sort out my subjects for semester two, try and find a job, catch up on your fabulous blogs, sort out my wardrobes and dream of skinnyness.
Have a glorious Sunday.
Cheers,
LJ


Congrats on getting the band!
ReplyDeleteit seems to all be going well for you
i hope my experience is as smooth as yours!
you are so lucky about the weather you're having
I live in melbourne and it is absolutely freezing!
and ohhh I LOVE true blood!
seems like you've had a good weekend
good luck with everything this week!
-alyce
Sounds like you're doing so well! Take care and get rest. Oh and those bubbling noises just get more interesting...
ReplyDeleteOoh I used to do that too - look at the fashion and go, "When I am around goal (or before) I will be able to wear that," and now I am. It's just fantastic!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on how you are doing so far. Your menu sounds great - and aren't up and goes just great? Those suckers have really helped me thru , though one blogger friend reckons they taste like ass lol.
Happy to hear its going smoothly!
ReplyDeleteTake care and rest.
Here's to a glorious sunday sunshine!