It's been a slow week.
Not a lot to say, not a lot went on. In fact, I am quite bored.
Even today, my WID*, was slow.
Only 0.4kg lost since last Friday.
Trying not to be too disappointed. I knew the ride would have to slow down, I mean, no one can keep losing 4kg a week. But it's just a bit of a bummer.
I am quietly thinking that it's maybe because I am not eating enough? While I am not actually counting calories, I have a fair idea that I'm eating well under 1000cals per day. I wonder if that's the reason.
The one exception the slow week of cold and rain is that yesterday we had our monthly Lap Banders Lunch at a local cafe. A group of about 10 local lap banders and lap bander wannabes. Great bunch of people with everyone on a different part of the journey.
The guest speaker was a local psychologist whose lecture was fascinating. She spoke of neuroplasticity - how our brains are able to make new connections and extinguish the old. In reference to what triggers overeating this was amazing. She showed us how things that happened in our far distant past affected us today and how many of us reached for food (drug of choice?) to manage the emotion. Loved it.
I am pretty much able to eat anything at the moment. I have been just having soft food, like pasta or casserole, and I fill up sooner than I used to, but I even had a bite of bread at yesterday's lunch and while I chewed the life it out of it, it was no problem. Is this the lap banders hell I am in now?
It's just under two weeks until my first fill and according to my LB lunch friends, this should make a big difference.
I hope you are all doing super well on your journey.
Take care,
LJ
* Weigh-in Day

(¯`v´¯)
ReplyDelete.`·.¸.·´ ♥
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.♥
Who is the psychologist? Does he/she have a book? I would love to try to figure out why food is my drug of choice and why I turn to it!
ReplyDeletehttp://lizandrk.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for an award!!! Check it out, lovely!
Sorry I haven't commented on your posts for a while. I've been on vacation and am trying to get caught up. Sounds like things are going well, but we are definitely in bandster hell. While on vacation I could eat anything and everything I wanted. There was a slight change in that I didn't eat til the feeling of being stuffed, but I want/need more than that. We'll get through this together.
ReplyDelete