And so the adventure begins. I have been so inspired by the many excellent blogs of bandsters from around the world. I will begin my official band journey very soon, I thought I might continue in the same spirit by sharing, journaling, confessing and encouraging within this amazing group of people. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I am being banded this Thursday 15 July. I am very excited (80%), slightly nervous about the pain (12%) and worried it won't work (8%). I started my pre-op VLCD (very low calorie diet) on Friday using Isowhey (which I have a tub of) instead of the regular Optifast. Well, I was starving, so I made up a pot of beef and vegetable soup and with something warm in my tummy, am coping better. Still, I would not be taking in more than about 500cals a day I'm sure. I have a cup of tea for breakfast, isowhey shake around 12:30, small bowl of soup around 3pm then another shake and cup of tea around 7pm. While I would happily eat whatever was in front of me (choc, chips, tim tams) if it was there, I am managing to keep busy and not focus on food so much. Catching up on some amazing lap banders blogs is keeping me very well occupied.
I am going to figure out how to get my blog in amongst the others, and keep up regular posts. I will outline my 'story' over the next couple of days before hospital. I'll take a few 'before' pics and measurements. And I'll make out some lists - goals, pro/cons etc.
This is a new life direction, a new beginning, a journey to the new me.
LJ
No comments:
Post a Comment