Mum brought my two youngest nieces around for a visit today. The smallest Tilly is 2 years old and she had to kiss my tummy everytime she went past because it was "dore". Little precious. I got my 7 year old niece to take a picture of me for my before photo, but it was just so horrendous I just couldn't post it. Maybe when I've got something to a little better to compare it to I'll let is be seen.My shoulder pain is really not much at all - I feel it when I take a very deep breath. The only real hurting is my incision pain from my port scar - it's quite bruised around the bandaging. But really, it's not so bad. I took some panadeine extra and boy do they pack a punch. I tend to avoid any kind of drug unless I really need it, and since I was having visitors and my port site was quite tender, I thought I'd take one just to dull it a bit. Well, I swallowed it ok (no probs with tablets it seems) and then about ten minutes later I was getting this great 'little bit tipsy' feeling. Interesting.
I'm having some vitamized chicken soup for dinner. Through the day I had a small glass of apple juice and also prune juice. All seems to go down just fine. Though there are some weird gurgly noises sometimes. Lots of water to sip.
Thanks for your great comments over the past couple of days. We have a computer shortage in the house at the moment and I'm having to 'share' my laptop. This is making catching up on everyone's blogs a bit of a lengthy process, but I promise to get there.
Have a great weekend - LJ
Oh yes!!! I remember the gurgly noises straight after surgery - quite a symphony!!
ReplyDeleteMy stomach can still get a little noisy - but nothing like it was that first week :-)
Hi LJ,
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear everything went to plan. Take Care.
Nikki
So glad you are on the mend! xx Have you dared to jump on the scales yet? I was on there every morning the first week and it kept going down down so encouraging x
ReplyDelete