It's the Final Countdown to surgery. This time tomorrow, I will have my band. Woohoo! (click the link to revist the epic 80's and if you can't get the song out of your head).
-
Trotted off early this morning to see the dietician. My surgeon requires his LB patients to see the dietician a few times before and after surgery, until you've had your first fill. He then suggests you continue to get the support you need.
Well, the dietician is lovely. When I went the first time, they said you can buy appointments in advance in a Pack of Five sessions for $440 instead of $500. First session I spent about 45mins with her and felt it was time well spent. But this morning - 15 mins and two photocopied sheets of what to drink and eat for the first two weeks....that was it! I already knew everything - liquids for a week, mushies for a week. It was just such a let down - really felt like a waste of money and time.
I did tell her that my pre-op diet has been going fabulously well apart from when I went out to dinner last night. This she wanted to hear about. I think I have stuffed everything up. Last night hubby took my out to dinner to celebrate my particuarly good first semester results from uni. We went to our fav little Indian restaurant and while I had much less than I would normally have, I did have rice and half a naan bread with my prawn curry. The dietician looked a little concerned that I'd had carbs. My bad. I thought the Optifast diet was primarily a very low calorie diet, not a very low carb diet. I have been keeping my calories very low, just a couple of shakes and some soup every day. But now, I have have carbed myself.
I wonder how much trouble I will be in tomorrow - I have surgery in about 20 hours. What do you think?
On another note, I found a $50 gift card in the back of my purse (joy of joys) and went and got myself a set of nice scales. I am going to weigh myself before I go to the hospital tomorrow, the next morning when I get home, and then officially every Friday morning from then on. However, I also know myself enough to know that I will jump on them during the week, just to check, but I'm calling that an unOfficial weigh in, and won't be recorded.
I have laid out a shelf with 10/12/14/16/18 sized jeans on it and will work my way down from the top of the pile. This is by far my favourite way of checking my weight loss.
I also wanted to thank all my new blog followers and commentors for your support and wisdom. I am really happy to have found this place. Your stories keep me occupied for hours (I'm working through them). And thanks to Catherine from Chronicles from Band Land, because I accidently found her blog (I cannot even remember how - read it from start to finish and loved every post) and it all evolved from there.
__________________________________________________________________
As for Willow the Cavoodle. She has a boyfriend called Barkely the Border Collie. They often get together for play dates and they love each other terribly. He is a month or so younger than Willow, so at the beginning they were both the same size. Now he has completely overtaken her and is growing like a weed. But they still play for hours and hours on end. Willow was always a little unsure of the water until Barkely showed her how to swim, so I will leave you with some pics.
Have a great day! LJ
good luck tomorrow! I can't wait to hear about your success!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I saw the title of your post that song started to go through my head!!
ReplyDeleteAhh.... got to love the 80's :-)
Good luck for tomorrow - you will do great! Don't be upset if you are up a little on the scales when you get home. I hear that the IV can give you a short term gain.
Also you will probably feel like your stomach is full of air (they fill it up with gas during the surgery) - lots of walking helps!
Hear from you on the other side :-)
Oh Man!!! Now it's stuck in my head....
ReplyDeleteThe final countdown.... (cue electric guitar)
Hahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteMine too. I am able to interrupt it with:
"That's the way, uh-huh uh-huh,
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh."
:-)
OMG, your dog is so stinkin' cute! Good luck tomorrow! See you in bandland!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck....looking forward to your next post/update!
ReplyDelete***I'm following you now*** Good luck with the ever approaching surgery! Soon you will be an official bandster! I'm very, very excited for you!!!
ReplyDeleteGoodluck tomorrow!!!! will be thinking of you !
ReplyDeleteI went out the night before my op to an italian bistro and ate 3 courses! hahaha and no one ever said anything you will be fine! The opti is about shrinking your liver.. dont even give it a second thought xx
All the best for the next few days x
So excited about your surgery tomorrow! I leave for vacation tonight, but will try to find a way to check in and see how it went. Don't be upset if you've gained a few pounds in the days right after surgery. They pump you up with IV fluids which will add weight, but it all works itself out after a few days.
ReplyDeleteGook luck tomorrow! Your dog is adorable!
ReplyDeleteOops! Probably should have said "kilos" instead of "pounds" since you're in Australia.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
20 hours until surgery? Don't you have to fast today and go through a-thousand-and-ten pooping things (suppositories, enemas, milk of magnesia, etc?) The carbs weren't a terribly great choice so close to surgery because they're going to be a little harder to "eliminate," so make sure you do ALL of your pre-surgery "elimination-strategies" to get it all out! But you know what? No harm done. You've been rocking the pre-surgery diet, so I'm sure surgery is going to be great for you!
ReplyDeleteSee now I have that song stuck and can't stop listening to it. Man I loved the 80s!!!!!
ReplyDeleteReading your post just got me excited for you and for me.
Your doggie is sooooo cute. Puppy love. awwwwwww. Good luck tomorrow
Since you are in Australia thats today. Good Luck LJ!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you and be sure to keep us updated. I am so excited for you! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow toots. Can't wait to hear how everything goes.
ReplyDeleteTodays the dayyyyyyyyy - very exciting. Thinking of you and wondering how it's all going. You're going to rock your band - no doubt about it.
ReplyDeleteWell that was weird.. I though I had you on follow already - did it the first time I popped in. Never mind - I'm def on there now.
ReplyDeleteHi LJ,
ReplyDeleteI really hope your surgery went well today. I live in Brisbane and am getting banded on 29th July. It will be fun to follow your progress.
Cheers
Nikki :o)
Hi LJ
ReplyDeleteWelcome to Band Land - I hope your surgery went well. It is 8 months since my sister and I were banded and it has been one of the best things I have ever done. It is great to be part of the online bandsters as well.. great to hear other stories and successes and nice to have all the support. Look forward to following your progress!
Cheers, Jenny
I hope your surgery went well today... I am a new follower looking forward to reading your journey! Welcome to the Sisterhood!*Maria*-Blogger from "This one time at band camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHi, LJ! I just came across your blog and saw the shout out -- thank you! :) By now you are banded and I hope that everything went really well. You have an amazing year ahead of you!
ReplyDeleteCatherine
Guess you now have the band. Welcome to this wonderful world. The band will change your life. Hope all is well. Drink lots and walk around lots.
ReplyDelete