Well, I haven’t posted for a few days because well, there was nothing much to post about.
But there is now.
I’m fine, dandy and a little thinner. It’s all good. Well, when I say ‘all good’ I mean all good, except my ‘port hole’. It’s not hurting, it’s just bothersome, almost itchy, and it sticks out and makes a little bit of a bump on my tummy. I hope the sticking out bit sorts itself later. My other scars are just fine, healing nicely, no dramas.
Yesterday I had my first post-op appointment with my doctor, Dr B. I was really looking forward to it. I wanted to brag a bit about my great recovery. He thought everything was going perfectly and was very happy with my progress. He booked me in for the 10 August for my ‘First Fill’. At the moment I am eating a little bit of something around three times a day. Like yesterday’s menu was: one soggy weetbix, supradyn, mushed up ravioli (yum), about 200ml of stewed apple and custard, and some Up and Go breakfast drink throughout the day.
I don’t think I’ve been drinking enough though, as my skin seems to be dry and I’ve noticed I’ve been getting thirsty (which never happens). Maybe my body took lots of water out of the food I was previously eating and now since there’s not a great deal of food going in, it’s not getting enough H2O. So today I’m making sure I drink a lot more between meals.
I also went to get my hair done yesterday. I needed some new foils and wanted to chat to the hairdresser about the style. I have always worn my hair short (except for a couple of times it got to shoulder length...long time ago....irrelevant really). I really like it short and it suits me. But then I had this idea to grow my hair longer...like just past my shoulders longer. Because when it would be longer, I would be thinner and it would maybe look ok.
Willow’s boyfriend Barkley came over for a playdate on Tuesday and as a consequence she turned into a little grubby puppy! So off to Clipped to Pawfection, her doggy beauty shop for a wash and blow dry. I feel so sorry for her as she gets car sick very easily, but she was happy as larry when we arrived. The girls love her and she gets spoiled rotten. With instructions to be back in an hour or so I made a mental list of my errands (dry cleaning drop off, dog food pick up, library collecting etc) and promptly reversed into a small truck that had snuck up behind me in the car park. Bump.
I know.
The back bumper, boot and lights are all wrecked. Could not believe it. So instead of spending my ninety minutes of puppy free time doing errands, I spent it on hold to the insurance company. Easy to fix (easy, but expensive - lucky I’m insured), no one hurt (just my pride – never had a crash before), and a quick turnaround (whew). Darn it. How could that have happened?
So that is the catch up. Tomorrow is Weigh In Day (WID) for me. I know I’ve lost weight because I was weighed at the doctors, and I did an unofficial weigh the other day but tomorrow it will be a proper weigh in. Bring it on.
Have a great day. Remember to triple check your mirrors when reversing.
Cheers,
LJ

That just sucks!!!!
ReplyDeleteDude that blows about the accident! I'm really glad that nobody was hurt though. Perspective!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that everything is going well with the gastric band! Keep it up!
Bummer about your car...but glad that it was minimal and that no one was hurt. Sounds like you are doing well! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteDeeDee
I'm glad things are going band wise. The accident is no fun, but at least it was a small one.
ReplyDelete